Izotek Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Izotek Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Izotek In other words, izotek they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Izotek The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, izotek and will be very appealing to him/her. Izotek Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, izotek antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Izotek Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, izotek lethargy, izotek stumbling and seizures. Izotek Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Izotek Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Izotek Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, izotek excessive drooling, izotek and stomach pain. Izotek If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, izotek as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Izotek Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Izotek Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Izotek Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, izotek vomiting, izotek excessive urination and activity, izotek and can lead to seizures. Izotek Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Izotek Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, izotek especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Izotek You are responsible for Puggle care and, izotek therefore, izotek need to ensure that fabric softener, izotek clothing and dish detergent, izotek bathroom cleaners, izotek etc. Izotek are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Izotek The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, izotek vomiting, izotek lethargy, izotek muscle weakness, izotek mouth burns, izotek and even a coma. Izotek Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Izotek Excessive drooling, izotek vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Izotek Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Izotek Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, izotek and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Izotek Some toxic plants include aloe, izotek ferns, izotek lilies and ivy. Izotek If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, izotek the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Izotek Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Izotek Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Izotek Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Izotek However, izotek if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, izotek the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Izotek This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Izotek A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Izotek Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Izotek Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Izotek If you use moth balls, izotek get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Izotek Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Izotek Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, izotek leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, izotek vomiting, izotek seizures and coma. Izotek Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Izotek Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Izotek Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Izotek This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Izotek Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, izotek lethargy and stomach pain. Izotek Call your Vet right away.

Izotek Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Izotek

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Izotek Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Izotek Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, izotek loss of appetite, izotek lethargy and vomiting. Izotek See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Izotek Keep all batteries in a safe, izotek secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.