Joints

Joints Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Joints Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Joints In other words, joints they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Joints The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, joints and will be very appealing to him/her. Joints Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, joints antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Joints Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, joints lethargy, joints stumbling and seizures. Joints Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Joints Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Joints Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, joints excessive drooling, joints and stomach pain. Joints If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, joints as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Joints Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Joints Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Joints Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, joints vomiting, joints excessive urination and activity, joints and can lead to seizures. Joints Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Joints Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, joints especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Joints You are responsible for Puggle care and, joints therefore, joints need to ensure that fabric softener, joints clothing and dish detergent, joints bathroom cleaners, joints etc. Joints are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Joints The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, joints vomiting, joints lethargy, joints muscle weakness, joints mouth burns, joints and even a coma. Joints Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Joints Excessive drooling, joints vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Joints Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Joints Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, joints and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Joints Some toxic plants include aloe, joints ferns, joints lilies and ivy. Joints If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, joints the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Joints Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Joints Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Joints Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Joints However, joints if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, joints the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Joints This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Joints A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Joints Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Joints Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Joints If you use moth balls, joints get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Joints Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Joints Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, joints leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, joints vomiting, joints seizures and coma. Joints Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Joints Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Joints Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Joints This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Joints Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, joints lethargy and stomach pain. Joints Call your Vet right away.

Joints Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Joints

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Joints Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Joints Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, joints loss of appetite, joints lethargy and vomiting. Joints See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Joints Keep all batteries in a safe, joints secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.