Kemstro

Kemstro Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Kemstro Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Kemstro In other words, kemstro they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Kemstro The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, kemstro and will be very appealing to him/her. Kemstro Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, kemstro antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Kemstro Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, kemstro lethargy, kemstro stumbling and seizures. Kemstro Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Kemstro Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Kemstro Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, kemstro excessive drooling, kemstro and stomach pain. Kemstro If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, kemstro as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Kemstro Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Kemstro Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Kemstro Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, kemstro vomiting, kemstro excessive urination and activity, kemstro and can lead to seizures. Kemstro Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Kemstro Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, kemstro especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Kemstro You are responsible for Puggle care and, kemstro therefore, kemstro need to ensure that fabric softener, kemstro clothing and dish detergent, kemstro bathroom cleaners, kemstro etc. Kemstro are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Kemstro The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, kemstro vomiting, kemstro lethargy, kemstro muscle weakness, kemstro mouth burns, kemstro and even a coma. Kemstro Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Kemstro Excessive drooling, kemstro vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Kemstro Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Kemstro Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, kemstro and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Kemstro Some toxic plants include aloe, kemstro ferns, kemstro lilies and ivy. Kemstro If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, kemstro the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Kemstro Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Kemstro Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Kemstro Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Kemstro However, kemstro if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, kemstro the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Kemstro This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Kemstro A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Kemstro Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Kemstro Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Kemstro If you use moth balls, kemstro get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Kemstro Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Kemstro Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, kemstro leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, kemstro vomiting, kemstro seizures and coma. Kemstro Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Kemstro Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Kemstro Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Kemstro This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Kemstro Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, kemstro lethargy and stomach pain. Kemstro Call your Vet right away.

Kemstro Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Kemstro

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Kemstro Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Kemstro Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, kemstro loss of appetite, kemstro lethargy and vomiting. Kemstro See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Kemstro Keep all batteries in a safe, kemstro secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.