Latanoprost Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Latanoprost Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Latanoprost In other words, latanoprost they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Latanoprost The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, latanoprost and will be very appealing to him/her. Latanoprost Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, latanoprost antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Latanoprost Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, latanoprost lethargy, latanoprost stumbling and seizures. Latanoprost Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Latanoprost Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Latanoprost Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, latanoprost excessive drooling, latanoprost and stomach pain. Latanoprost If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, latanoprost as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Latanoprost Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Latanoprost Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Latanoprost Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, latanoprost vomiting, latanoprost excessive urination and activity, latanoprost and can lead to seizures. Latanoprost Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Latanoprost Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, latanoprost especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Latanoprost You are responsible for Puggle care and, latanoprost therefore, latanoprost need to ensure that fabric softener, latanoprost clothing and dish detergent, latanoprost bathroom cleaners, latanoprost etc. Latanoprost are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Latanoprost The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, latanoprost vomiting, latanoprost lethargy, latanoprost muscle weakness, latanoprost mouth burns, latanoprost and even a coma. Latanoprost Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Latanoprost Excessive drooling, latanoprost vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Latanoprost Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Latanoprost Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, latanoprost and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Latanoprost Some toxic plants include aloe, latanoprost ferns, latanoprost lilies and ivy. Latanoprost If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, latanoprost the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Latanoprost Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Latanoprost Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Latanoprost Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Latanoprost However, latanoprost if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, latanoprost the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Latanoprost This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Latanoprost A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Latanoprost Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Latanoprost Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Latanoprost If you use moth balls, latanoprost get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Latanoprost Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Latanoprost Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, latanoprost leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, latanoprost vomiting, latanoprost seizures and coma. Latanoprost Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Latanoprost Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Latanoprost Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Latanoprost This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Latanoprost Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, latanoprost lethargy and stomach pain. Latanoprost Call your Vet right away.
Latanoprost Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Latanoprost
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Latanoprost Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Latanoprost Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, latanoprost loss of appetite, latanoprost lethargy and vomiting. Latanoprost See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Latanoprost Keep all batteries in a safe, latanoprost secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.