Limas Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Limas Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Limas In other words, limas they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Limas The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, limas and will be very appealing to him/her. Limas Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, limas antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Limas Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, limas lethargy, limas stumbling and seizures. Limas Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Limas Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Limas Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, limas excessive drooling, limas and stomach pain. Limas If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, limas as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Limas Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Limas Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Limas Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, limas vomiting, limas excessive urination and activity, limas and can lead to seizures. Limas Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Limas Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, limas especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Limas You are responsible for Puggle care and, limas therefore, limas need to ensure that fabric softener, limas clothing and dish detergent, limas bathroom cleaners, limas etc. Limas are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Limas The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, limas vomiting, limas lethargy, limas muscle weakness, limas mouth burns, limas and even a coma. Limas Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Limas Excessive drooling, limas vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Limas Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Limas Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, limas and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Limas Some toxic plants include aloe, limas ferns, limas lilies and ivy. Limas If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, limas the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Limas Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Limas Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Limas Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Limas However, limas if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, limas the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Limas This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Limas A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Limas Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Limas Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Limas If you use moth balls, limas get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Limas Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Limas Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, limas leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, limas vomiting, limas seizures and coma. Limas Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Limas Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Limas Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Limas This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Limas Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, limas lethargy and stomach pain. Limas Call your Vet right away.
Limas Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Limas
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Limas Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Limas Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, limas loss of appetite, limas lethargy and vomiting. Limas See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Limas Keep all batteries in a safe, limas secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.