Lip Balm

Lip balm Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Lip balm Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Lip balm In other words, lip balm they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Lip balm The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, lip balm and will be very appealing to him/her. Lip balm Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, lip balm antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Lip balm Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, lip balm lethargy, lip balm stumbling and seizures. Lip balm Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Lip balm Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Lip balm Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, lip balm excessive drooling, lip balm and stomach pain. Lip balm If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, lip balm as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Lip balm Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Lip balm Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Lip balm Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, lip balm vomiting, lip balm excessive urination and activity, lip balm and can lead to seizures. Lip balm Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Lip balm Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, lip balm especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Lip balm You are responsible for Puggle care and, lip balm therefore, lip balm need to ensure that fabric softener, lip balm clothing and dish detergent, lip balm bathroom cleaners, lip balm etc. Lip balm are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Lip balm The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, lip balm vomiting, lip balm lethargy, lip balm muscle weakness, lip balm mouth burns, lip balm and even a coma. Lip balm Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Lip balm Excessive drooling, lip balm vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Lip balm Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Lip balm Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, lip balm and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Lip balm Some toxic plants include aloe, lip balm ferns, lip balm lilies and ivy. Lip balm If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, lip balm the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Lip balm Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Lip balm Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Lip balm Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Lip balm However, lip balm if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, lip balm the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Lip balm This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Lip balm A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Lip balm Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Lip balm Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Lip balm If you use moth balls, lip balm get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Lip balm Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Lip balm Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, lip balm leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, lip balm vomiting, lip balm seizures and coma. Lip balm Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Lip balm Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Lip balm Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Lip balm This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Lip balm Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, lip balm lethargy and stomach pain. Lip balm Call your Vet right away.

Lip balm Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Lip balm

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Lip balm Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Lip balm Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, lip balm loss of appetite, lip balm lethargy and vomiting. Lip balm See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Lip balm Keep all batteries in a safe, lip balm secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.