Map

Map Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Map Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Map In other words, map they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Map The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, map and will be very appealing to him/her. Map Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, map antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Map Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, map lethargy, map stumbling and seizures. Map Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Map Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Map Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, map excessive drooling, map and stomach pain. Map If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, map as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Map Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Map Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Map Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, map vomiting, map excessive urination and activity, map and can lead to seizures. Map Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Map Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, map especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Map You are responsible for Puggle care and, map therefore, map need to ensure that fabric softener, map clothing and dish detergent, map bathroom cleaners, map etc. Map are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Map The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, map vomiting, map lethargy, map muscle weakness, map mouth burns, map and even a coma. Map Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Map Excessive drooling, map vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Map Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Map Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, map and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Map Some toxic plants include aloe, map ferns, map lilies and ivy. Map If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, map the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Map Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Map Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Map Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Map However, map if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, map the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Map This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Map A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Map Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Map Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Map If you use moth balls, map get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Map Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Map Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, map leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, map vomiting, map seizures and coma. Map Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Map Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Map Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Map This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Map Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, map lethargy and stomach pain. Map Call your Vet right away.

Map Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Map

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Map Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Map Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, map loss of appetite, map lethargy and vomiting. Map See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Map Keep all batteries in a safe, map secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.