Mebex Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Mebex Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Mebex In other words, mebex they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Mebex The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, mebex and will be very appealing to him/her. Mebex Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, mebex antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Mebex Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, mebex lethargy, mebex stumbling and seizures. Mebex Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Mebex Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Mebex Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, mebex excessive drooling, mebex and stomach pain. Mebex If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, mebex as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Mebex Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Mebex Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Mebex Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, mebex vomiting, mebex excessive urination and activity, mebex and can lead to seizures. Mebex Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Mebex Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, mebex especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Mebex You are responsible for Puggle care and, mebex therefore, mebex need to ensure that fabric softener, mebex clothing and dish detergent, mebex bathroom cleaners, mebex etc. Mebex are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Mebex The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, mebex vomiting, mebex lethargy, mebex muscle weakness, mebex mouth burns, mebex and even a coma. Mebex Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Mebex Excessive drooling, mebex vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Mebex Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Mebex Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, mebex and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Mebex Some toxic plants include aloe, mebex ferns, mebex lilies and ivy. Mebex If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, mebex the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Mebex Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Mebex Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Mebex Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Mebex However, mebex if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, mebex the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Mebex This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Mebex A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Mebex Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Mebex Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Mebex If you use moth balls, mebex get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Mebex Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Mebex Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, mebex leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, mebex vomiting, mebex seizures and coma. Mebex Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Mebex Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Mebex Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Mebex This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Mebex Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, mebex lethargy and stomach pain. Mebex Call your Vet right away.
Mebex Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Mebex
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Mebex Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Mebex Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, mebex loss of appetite, mebex lethargy and vomiting. Mebex See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Mebex Keep all batteries in a safe, mebex secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.