Mectizan Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Mectizan Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Mectizan In other words, mectizan they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Mectizan The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, mectizan and will be very appealing to him/her. Mectizan Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, mectizan antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Mectizan Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, mectizan lethargy, mectizan stumbling and seizures. Mectizan Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Mectizan Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Mectizan Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, mectizan excessive drooling, mectizan and stomach pain. Mectizan If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, mectizan as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Mectizan Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Mectizan Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Mectizan Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, mectizan vomiting, mectizan excessive urination and activity, mectizan and can lead to seizures. Mectizan Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Mectizan Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, mectizan especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Mectizan You are responsible for Puggle care and, mectizan therefore, mectizan need to ensure that fabric softener, mectizan clothing and dish detergent, mectizan bathroom cleaners, mectizan etc. Mectizan are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Mectizan The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, mectizan vomiting, mectizan lethargy, mectizan muscle weakness, mectizan mouth burns, mectizan and even a coma. Mectizan Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Mectizan Excessive drooling, mectizan vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Mectizan Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Mectizan Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, mectizan and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Mectizan Some toxic plants include aloe, mectizan ferns, mectizan lilies and ivy. Mectizan If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, mectizan the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Mectizan Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Mectizan Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Mectizan Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Mectizan However, mectizan if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, mectizan the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Mectizan This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Mectizan A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Mectizan Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Mectizan Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Mectizan If you use moth balls, mectizan get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Mectizan Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Mectizan Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, mectizan leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, mectizan vomiting, mectizan seizures and coma. Mectizan Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Mectizan Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Mectizan Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Mectizan This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Mectizan Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, mectizan lethargy and stomach pain. Mectizan Call your Vet right away.
Mectizan Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Mectizan
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Mectizan Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Mectizan Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, mectizan loss of appetite, mectizan lethargy and vomiting. Mectizan See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Mectizan Keep all batteries in a safe, mectizan secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.