Medroxine

Medroxine Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Medroxine Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Medroxine In other words, medroxine they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Medroxine The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, medroxine and will be very appealing to him/her. Medroxine Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, medroxine antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Medroxine Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, medroxine lethargy, medroxine stumbling and seizures. Medroxine Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Medroxine Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Medroxine Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, medroxine excessive drooling, medroxine and stomach pain. Medroxine If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, medroxine as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Medroxine Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Medroxine Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Medroxine Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, medroxine vomiting, medroxine excessive urination and activity, medroxine and can lead to seizures. Medroxine Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Medroxine Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, medroxine especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Medroxine You are responsible for Puggle care and, medroxine therefore, medroxine need to ensure that fabric softener, medroxine clothing and dish detergent, medroxine bathroom cleaners, medroxine etc. Medroxine are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Medroxine The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, medroxine vomiting, medroxine lethargy, medroxine muscle weakness, medroxine mouth burns, medroxine and even a coma. Medroxine Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Medroxine Excessive drooling, medroxine vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Medroxine Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Medroxine Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, medroxine and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Medroxine Some toxic plants include aloe, medroxine ferns, medroxine lilies and ivy. Medroxine If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, medroxine the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Medroxine Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Medroxine Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Medroxine Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Medroxine However, medroxine if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, medroxine the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Medroxine This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Medroxine A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Medroxine Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Medroxine Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Medroxine If you use moth balls, medroxine get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Medroxine Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Medroxine Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, medroxine leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, medroxine vomiting, medroxine seizures and coma. Medroxine Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Medroxine Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Medroxine Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Medroxine This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Medroxine Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, medroxine lethargy and stomach pain. Medroxine Call your Vet right away.

Medroxine Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Medroxine

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Medroxine Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Medroxine Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, medroxine loss of appetite, medroxine lethargy and vomiting. Medroxine See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Medroxine Keep all batteries in a safe, medroxine secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.