Meftal Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Meftal Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Meftal In other words, meftal they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Meftal The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, meftal and will be very appealing to him/her. Meftal Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, meftal antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Meftal Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, meftal lethargy, meftal stumbling and seizures. Meftal Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Meftal Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Meftal Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, meftal excessive drooling, meftal and stomach pain. Meftal If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, meftal as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Meftal Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Meftal Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Meftal Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, meftal vomiting, meftal excessive urination and activity, meftal and can lead to seizures. Meftal Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Meftal Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, meftal especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Meftal You are responsible for Puggle care and, meftal therefore, meftal need to ensure that fabric softener, meftal clothing and dish detergent, meftal bathroom cleaners, meftal etc. Meftal are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Meftal The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, meftal vomiting, meftal lethargy, meftal muscle weakness, meftal mouth burns, meftal and even a coma. Meftal Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Meftal Excessive drooling, meftal vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Meftal Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Meftal Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, meftal and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Meftal Some toxic plants include aloe, meftal ferns, meftal lilies and ivy. Meftal If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, meftal the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Meftal Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Meftal Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Meftal Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Meftal However, meftal if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, meftal the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Meftal This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Meftal A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Meftal Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Meftal Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Meftal If you use moth balls, meftal get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Meftal Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Meftal Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, meftal leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, meftal vomiting, meftal seizures and coma. Meftal Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Meftal Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Meftal Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Meftal This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Meftal Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, meftal lethargy and stomach pain. Meftal Call your Vet right away.
Meftal Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Meftal
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Meftal Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Meftal Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, meftal loss of appetite, meftal lethargy and vomiting. Meftal See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Meftal Keep all batteries in a safe, meftal secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.