Meshashringi Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Meshashringi Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Meshashringi In other words, meshashringi they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Meshashringi The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, meshashringi and will be very appealing to him/her. Meshashringi Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, meshashringi antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Meshashringi Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, meshashringi lethargy, meshashringi stumbling and seizures. Meshashringi Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Meshashringi Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Meshashringi Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, meshashringi excessive drooling, meshashringi and stomach pain. Meshashringi If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, meshashringi as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Meshashringi Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Meshashringi Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Meshashringi Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, meshashringi vomiting, meshashringi excessive urination and activity, meshashringi and can lead to seizures. Meshashringi Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Meshashringi Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, meshashringi especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Meshashringi You are responsible for Puggle care and, meshashringi therefore, meshashringi need to ensure that fabric softener, meshashringi clothing and dish detergent, meshashringi bathroom cleaners, meshashringi etc. Meshashringi are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Meshashringi The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, meshashringi vomiting, meshashringi lethargy, meshashringi muscle weakness, meshashringi mouth burns, meshashringi and even a coma. Meshashringi Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Meshashringi Excessive drooling, meshashringi vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Meshashringi Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Meshashringi Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, meshashringi and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Meshashringi Some toxic plants include aloe, meshashringi ferns, meshashringi lilies and ivy. Meshashringi If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, meshashringi the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Meshashringi Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Meshashringi Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Meshashringi Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Meshashringi However, meshashringi if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, meshashringi the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Meshashringi This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Meshashringi A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Meshashringi Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Meshashringi Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Meshashringi If you use moth balls, meshashringi get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Meshashringi Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Meshashringi Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, meshashringi leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, meshashringi vomiting, meshashringi seizures and coma. Meshashringi Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Meshashringi Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Meshashringi Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Meshashringi This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Meshashringi Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, meshashringi lethargy and stomach pain. Meshashringi Call your Vet right away.
Meshashringi Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Meshashringi
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Meshashringi Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Meshashringi Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, meshashringi loss of appetite, meshashringi lethargy and vomiting. Meshashringi See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Meshashringi Keep all batteries in a safe, meshashringi secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.