Miro

Miro Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Miro Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Miro In other words, miro they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Miro The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, miro and will be very appealing to him/her. Miro Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, miro antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Miro Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, miro lethargy, miro stumbling and seizures. Miro Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Miro Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Miro Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, miro excessive drooling, miro and stomach pain. Miro If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, miro as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Miro Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Miro Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Miro Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, miro vomiting, miro excessive urination and activity, miro and can lead to seizures. Miro Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Miro Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, miro especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Miro You are responsible for Puggle care and, miro therefore, miro need to ensure that fabric softener, miro clothing and dish detergent, miro bathroom cleaners, miro etc. Miro are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Miro The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, miro vomiting, miro lethargy, miro muscle weakness, miro mouth burns, miro and even a coma. Miro Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Miro Excessive drooling, miro vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Miro Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Miro Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, miro and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Miro Some toxic plants include aloe, miro ferns, miro lilies and ivy. Miro If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, miro the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Miro Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Miro Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Miro Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Miro However, miro if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, miro the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Miro This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Miro A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Miro Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Miro Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Miro If you use moth balls, miro get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Miro Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Miro Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, miro leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, miro vomiting, miro seizures and coma. Miro Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Miro Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Miro Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Miro This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Miro Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, miro lethargy and stomach pain. Miro Call your Vet right away.

Miro Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Miro

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Miro Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Miro Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, miro loss of appetite, miro lethargy and vomiting. Miro See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Miro Keep all batteries in a safe, miro secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.