Movox Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Movox Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Movox In other words, movox they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Movox The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, movox and will be very appealing to him/her. Movox Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, movox antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Movox Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, movox lethargy, movox stumbling and seizures. Movox Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Movox Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Movox Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, movox excessive drooling, movox and stomach pain. Movox If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, movox as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Movox Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Movox Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Movox Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, movox vomiting, movox excessive urination and activity, movox and can lead to seizures. Movox Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Movox Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, movox especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Movox You are responsible for Puggle care and, movox therefore, movox need to ensure that fabric softener, movox clothing and dish detergent, movox bathroom cleaners, movox etc. Movox are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Movox The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, movox vomiting, movox lethargy, movox muscle weakness, movox mouth burns, movox and even a coma. Movox Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Movox Excessive drooling, movox vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Movox Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Movox Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, movox and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Movox Some toxic plants include aloe, movox ferns, movox lilies and ivy. Movox If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, movox the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Movox Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Movox Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Movox Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Movox However, movox if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, movox the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Movox This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Movox A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Movox Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Movox Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Movox If you use moth balls, movox get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Movox Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Movox Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, movox leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, movox vomiting, movox seizures and coma. Movox Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Movox Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Movox Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Movox This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Movox Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, movox lethargy and stomach pain. Movox Call your Vet right away.

Movox Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Movox

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Movox Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Movox Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, movox loss of appetite, movox lethargy and vomiting. Movox See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Movox Keep all batteries in a safe, movox secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.