Nalidix

Nalidix Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Nalidix Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Nalidix In other words, nalidix they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Nalidix The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, nalidix and will be very appealing to him/her. Nalidix Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, nalidix antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Nalidix Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, nalidix lethargy, nalidix stumbling and seizures. Nalidix Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Nalidix Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Nalidix Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, nalidix excessive drooling, nalidix and stomach pain. Nalidix If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, nalidix as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Nalidix Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Nalidix Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Nalidix Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, nalidix vomiting, nalidix excessive urination and activity, nalidix and can lead to seizures. Nalidix Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Nalidix Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, nalidix especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Nalidix You are responsible for Puggle care and, nalidix therefore, nalidix need to ensure that fabric softener, nalidix clothing and dish detergent, nalidix bathroom cleaners, nalidix etc. Nalidix are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Nalidix The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, nalidix vomiting, nalidix lethargy, nalidix muscle weakness, nalidix mouth burns, nalidix and even a coma. Nalidix Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Nalidix Excessive drooling, nalidix vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Nalidix Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Nalidix Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, nalidix and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Nalidix Some toxic plants include aloe, nalidix ferns, nalidix lilies and ivy. Nalidix If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, nalidix the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Nalidix Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Nalidix Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Nalidix Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Nalidix However, nalidix if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, nalidix the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Nalidix This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Nalidix A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Nalidix Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Nalidix Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Nalidix If you use moth balls, nalidix get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Nalidix Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Nalidix Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, nalidix leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, nalidix vomiting, nalidix seizures and coma. Nalidix Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Nalidix Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Nalidix Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Nalidix This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Nalidix Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, nalidix lethargy and stomach pain. Nalidix Call your Vet right away.

Nalidix Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Nalidix

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Nalidix Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Nalidix Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, nalidix loss of appetite, nalidix lethargy and vomiting. Nalidix See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Nalidix Keep all batteries in a safe, nalidix secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.