Nimid

Nimid Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Nimid Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Nimid In other words, nimid they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Nimid The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, nimid and will be very appealing to him/her. Nimid Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, nimid antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Nimid Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, nimid lethargy, nimid stumbling and seizures. Nimid Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Nimid Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Nimid Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, nimid excessive drooling, nimid and stomach pain. Nimid If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, nimid as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Nimid Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Nimid Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Nimid Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, nimid vomiting, nimid excessive urination and activity, nimid and can lead to seizures. Nimid Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Nimid Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, nimid especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Nimid You are responsible for Puggle care and, nimid therefore, nimid need to ensure that fabric softener, nimid clothing and dish detergent, nimid bathroom cleaners, nimid etc. Nimid are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Nimid The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, nimid vomiting, nimid lethargy, nimid muscle weakness, nimid mouth burns, nimid and even a coma. Nimid Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Nimid Excessive drooling, nimid vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Nimid Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Nimid Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, nimid and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Nimid Some toxic plants include aloe, nimid ferns, nimid lilies and ivy. Nimid If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, nimid the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Nimid Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Nimid Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Nimid Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Nimid However, nimid if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, nimid the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Nimid This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Nimid A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Nimid Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Nimid Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Nimid If you use moth balls, nimid get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Nimid Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Nimid Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, nimid leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, nimid vomiting, nimid seizures and coma. Nimid Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Nimid Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Nimid Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Nimid This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Nimid Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, nimid lethargy and stomach pain. Nimid Call your Vet right away.

Nimid Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Nimid

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Nimid Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Nimid Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, nimid loss of appetite, nimid lethargy and vomiting. Nimid See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Nimid Keep all batteries in a safe, nimid secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.