Notenol Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Notenol Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Notenol In other words, notenol they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Notenol The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, notenol and will be very appealing to him/her. Notenol Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, notenol antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Notenol Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, notenol lethargy, notenol stumbling and seizures. Notenol Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Notenol Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Notenol Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, notenol excessive drooling, notenol and stomach pain. Notenol If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, notenol as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Notenol Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Notenol Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Notenol Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, notenol vomiting, notenol excessive urination and activity, notenol and can lead to seizures. Notenol Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Notenol Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, notenol especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Notenol You are responsible for Puggle care and, notenol therefore, notenol need to ensure that fabric softener, notenol clothing and dish detergent, notenol bathroom cleaners, notenol etc. Notenol are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Notenol The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, notenol vomiting, notenol lethargy, notenol muscle weakness, notenol mouth burns, notenol and even a coma. Notenol Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Notenol Excessive drooling, notenol vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Notenol Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Notenol Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, notenol and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Notenol Some toxic plants include aloe, notenol ferns, notenol lilies and ivy. Notenol If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, notenol the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Notenol Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Notenol Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Notenol Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Notenol However, notenol if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, notenol the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Notenol This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Notenol A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Notenol Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Notenol Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Notenol If you use moth balls, notenol get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Notenol Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Notenol Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, notenol leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, notenol vomiting, notenol seizures and coma. Notenol Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Notenol Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Notenol Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Notenol This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Notenol Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, notenol lethargy and stomach pain. Notenol Call your Vet right away.
Notenol Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Notenol
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Notenol Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Notenol Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, notenol loss of appetite, notenol lethargy and vomiting. Notenol See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Notenol Keep all batteries in a safe, notenol secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.