Novo medrone Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Novo medrone Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Novo medrone In other words, novo medrone they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Novo medrone The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, novo medrone and will be very appealing to him/her. Novo medrone Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, novo medrone antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Novo medrone Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, novo medrone lethargy, novo medrone stumbling and seizures. Novo medrone Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Novo medrone Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Novo medrone Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, novo medrone excessive drooling, novo medrone and stomach pain. Novo medrone If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, novo medrone as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Novo medrone Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Novo medrone Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Novo medrone Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, novo medrone vomiting, novo medrone excessive urination and activity, novo medrone and can lead to seizures. Novo medrone Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Novo medrone Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, novo medrone especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Novo medrone You are responsible for Puggle care and, novo medrone therefore, novo medrone need to ensure that fabric softener, novo medrone clothing and dish detergent, novo medrone bathroom cleaners, novo medrone etc. Novo medrone are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Novo medrone The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, novo medrone vomiting, novo medrone lethargy, novo medrone muscle weakness, novo medrone mouth burns, novo medrone and even a coma. Novo medrone Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Novo medrone Excessive drooling, novo medrone vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Novo medrone Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Novo medrone Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, novo medrone and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Novo medrone Some toxic plants include aloe, novo medrone ferns, novo medrone lilies and ivy. Novo medrone If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, novo medrone the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Novo medrone Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Novo medrone Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Novo medrone Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Novo medrone However, novo medrone if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, novo medrone the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Novo medrone This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Novo medrone A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Novo medrone Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Novo medrone Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Novo medrone If you use moth balls, novo medrone get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Novo medrone Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Novo medrone Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, novo medrone leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, novo medrone vomiting, novo medrone seizures and coma. Novo medrone Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Novo medrone Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Novo medrone Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Novo medrone This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Novo medrone Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, novo medrone lethargy and stomach pain. Novo medrone Call your Vet right away.
Novo medrone Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Novo medrone
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Novo medrone Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Novo medrone Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, novo medrone loss of appetite, novo medrone lethargy and vomiting. Novo medrone See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Novo medrone Keep all batteries in a safe, novo medrone secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.