Novo quinine Puggle breeders need to be carefully scrutinized before you make the decision to buy a pup from their litter. Novo quinine Even though the Puggle does not have a breed standard, novo quinine this doesn’t mean you should trust every Puggle Breeder out there. Novo quinine Not everyone has good breeding ethics, novo quinine and for some, novo quinine all they care about is the money they’ll make off the sales of a popular breed.
Novo quinine Here is what you need to find out before you settle on just any Puggle breeder –
- Does the breeder sell his/her Puggles privately, novo quinine or do they sell to pet shops? A breeder that is willing to sell the dogs they breed to pet shops is only in the breeding business for money.
- Does the breeder breed more than Puggles? If Puggle breeders are breeding more than one type of dog other than a Beagle or Pug (aside from the Puggle) or if they have only ever bred Puggles, novo quinine you should take your business elsewhere. Novo quinine A reputable breeder interested in breeding hybrids should first be experienced with properly breeding a purebred dog. Novo quinine Furthermore, novo quinine a breeder who has bred either Pugs of Beagles previously, novo quinine has a good idea of what type of temperaments to expect.
- Ask to see the sire and dam of the litter. Novo quinine A good breeder will show you both or either the sire and dam of the litter. Novo quinine They should also show you a detailed pedigree of both dogs. Novo quinine Even though Puggles are only hybrid dogs, novo quinine a breeder with a pedigree of the purebred parents is a sign of a responsible breeder.
- Is the breeder willing to give up the pup before 8 weeks? Puggle breeders should not allow a Puggle puppy to be taken sooner than 8 weeks of age. Novo quinine A puppy offered before this age has not been allowed sufficient time to be weaned from his/her mother. Novo quinine This can cause social and development issues in the dog.
- There should always be a guarantee – Only a reputable breeder would provide you with a contract and written guarantee for the dog. Novo quinine The guarantee usually states that if something should happen with the dog’s health, novo quinine etc. Novo quinine they will take the Puggle back and offer you a new one or give you your money back. Novo quinine Essentially, novo quinine a good breeder would rather take the dog back than see harm come to it.
- The breeder should be registered – Even though the Puggle is a hybrid breed not recognized by any of the national kennel clubs, novo quinine reputable Puggle Breeders will have their Puggles registered with the American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC), novo quinine or the Hybrid Club of their nation. Novo quinine Note: The ACHC only registers individual Puggles that have purebread parents. Novo quinine
Novo quinine Finally, novo quinine make sure you visit the breeder in person and get to know the pups before you make any decisions. Novo quinine In addition, novo quinine make sure the premise in which the breeder is raising the pups is a clean and happy environment.