Ocufen

Ocufen Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Ocufen Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Ocufen In other words, ocufen they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Ocufen The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, ocufen and will be very appealing to him/her. Ocufen Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, ocufen antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Ocufen Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, ocufen lethargy, ocufen stumbling and seizures. Ocufen Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Ocufen Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Ocufen Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, ocufen excessive drooling, ocufen and stomach pain. Ocufen If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, ocufen as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Ocufen Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Ocufen Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Ocufen Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, ocufen vomiting, ocufen excessive urination and activity, ocufen and can lead to seizures. Ocufen Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Ocufen Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, ocufen especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Ocufen You are responsible for Puggle care and, ocufen therefore, ocufen need to ensure that fabric softener, ocufen clothing and dish detergent, ocufen bathroom cleaners, ocufen etc. Ocufen are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Ocufen The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, ocufen vomiting, ocufen lethargy, ocufen muscle weakness, ocufen mouth burns, ocufen and even a coma. Ocufen Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Ocufen Excessive drooling, ocufen vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Ocufen Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Ocufen Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, ocufen and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Ocufen Some toxic plants include aloe, ocufen ferns, ocufen lilies and ivy. Ocufen If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, ocufen the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Ocufen Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Ocufen Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Ocufen Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Ocufen However, ocufen if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, ocufen the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Ocufen This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Ocufen A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Ocufen Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Ocufen Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Ocufen If you use moth balls, ocufen get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Ocufen Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Ocufen Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, ocufen leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, ocufen vomiting, ocufen seizures and coma. Ocufen Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Ocufen Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Ocufen Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Ocufen This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Ocufen Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, ocufen lethargy and stomach pain. Ocufen Call your Vet right away.

Ocufen Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Ocufen

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Ocufen Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Ocufen Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, ocufen loss of appetite, ocufen lethargy and vomiting. Ocufen See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Ocufen Keep all batteries in a safe, ocufen secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.