Oflin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Oflin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Oflin In other words, oflin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Oflin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, oflin and will be very appealing to him/her. Oflin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, oflin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Oflin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, oflin lethargy, oflin stumbling and seizures. Oflin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Oflin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Oflin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, oflin excessive drooling, oflin and stomach pain. Oflin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, oflin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Oflin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Oflin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Oflin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, oflin vomiting, oflin excessive urination and activity, oflin and can lead to seizures. Oflin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Oflin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, oflin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Oflin You are responsible for Puggle care and, oflin therefore, oflin need to ensure that fabric softener, oflin clothing and dish detergent, oflin bathroom cleaners, oflin etc. Oflin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Oflin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, oflin vomiting, oflin lethargy, oflin muscle weakness, oflin mouth burns, oflin and even a coma. Oflin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Oflin Excessive drooling, oflin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Oflin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Oflin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, oflin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Oflin Some toxic plants include aloe, oflin ferns, oflin lilies and ivy. Oflin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, oflin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Oflin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Oflin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Oflin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Oflin However, oflin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, oflin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Oflin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Oflin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Oflin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Oflin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Oflin If you use moth balls, oflin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Oflin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Oflin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, oflin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, oflin vomiting, oflin seizures and coma. Oflin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Oflin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Oflin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Oflin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Oflin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, oflin lethargy and stomach pain. Oflin Call your Vet right away.

Oflin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Oflin

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Oflin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Oflin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, oflin loss of appetite, oflin lethargy and vomiting. Oflin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Oflin Keep all batteries in a safe, oflin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.