Omnipred Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Omnipred Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Omnipred In other words, omnipred they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Omnipred The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, omnipred and will be very appealing to him/her. Omnipred Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, omnipred antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Omnipred Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, omnipred lethargy, omnipred stumbling and seizures. Omnipred Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Omnipred Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Omnipred Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, omnipred excessive drooling, omnipred and stomach pain. Omnipred If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, omnipred as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Omnipred Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Omnipred Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Omnipred Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, omnipred vomiting, omnipred excessive urination and activity, omnipred and can lead to seizures. Omnipred Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Omnipred Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, omnipred especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Omnipred You are responsible for Puggle care and, omnipred therefore, omnipred need to ensure that fabric softener, omnipred clothing and dish detergent, omnipred bathroom cleaners, omnipred etc. Omnipred are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Omnipred The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, omnipred vomiting, omnipred lethargy, omnipred muscle weakness, omnipred mouth burns, omnipred and even a coma. Omnipred Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Omnipred Excessive drooling, omnipred vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Omnipred Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Omnipred Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, omnipred and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Omnipred Some toxic plants include aloe, omnipred ferns, omnipred lilies and ivy. Omnipred If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, omnipred the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Omnipred Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Omnipred Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Omnipred Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Omnipred However, omnipred if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, omnipred the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Omnipred This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Omnipred A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Omnipred Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Omnipred Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Omnipred If you use moth balls, omnipred get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Omnipred Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Omnipred Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, omnipred leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, omnipred vomiting, omnipred seizures and coma. Omnipred Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Omnipred Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Omnipred Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Omnipred This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Omnipred Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, omnipred lethargy and stomach pain. Omnipred Call your Vet right away.
Omnipred Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Omnipred
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Omnipred Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Omnipred Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, omnipred loss of appetite, omnipred lethargy and vomiting. Omnipred See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Omnipred Keep all batteries in a safe, omnipred secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.