Phocenta Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Phocenta Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Phocenta In other words, phocenta they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Phocenta The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, phocenta and will be very appealing to him/her. Phocenta Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, phocenta antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Phocenta Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, phocenta lethargy, phocenta stumbling and seizures. Phocenta Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Phocenta Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Phocenta Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, phocenta excessive drooling, phocenta and stomach pain. Phocenta If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, phocenta as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Phocenta Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Phocenta Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Phocenta Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, phocenta vomiting, phocenta excessive urination and activity, phocenta and can lead to seizures. Phocenta Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Phocenta Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, phocenta especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Phocenta You are responsible for Puggle care and, phocenta therefore, phocenta need to ensure that fabric softener, phocenta clothing and dish detergent, phocenta bathroom cleaners, phocenta etc. Phocenta are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Phocenta The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, phocenta vomiting, phocenta lethargy, phocenta muscle weakness, phocenta mouth burns, phocenta and even a coma. Phocenta Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Phocenta Excessive drooling, phocenta vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Phocenta Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Phocenta Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, phocenta and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Phocenta Some toxic plants include aloe, phocenta ferns, phocenta lilies and ivy. Phocenta If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, phocenta the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Phocenta Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Phocenta Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Phocenta Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Phocenta However, phocenta if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, phocenta the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Phocenta This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Phocenta A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Phocenta Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Phocenta Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Phocenta If you use moth balls, phocenta get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Phocenta Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Phocenta Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, phocenta leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, phocenta vomiting, phocenta seizures and coma. Phocenta Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Phocenta Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Phocenta Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Phocenta This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Phocenta Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, phocenta lethargy and stomach pain. Phocenta Call your Vet right away.
Phocenta Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Phocenta
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Phocenta Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Phocenta Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, phocenta loss of appetite, phocenta lethargy and vomiting. Phocenta See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Phocenta Keep all batteries in a safe, phocenta secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.