Pimozide Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Pimozide Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Pimozide In other words, pimozide they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Pimozide The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, pimozide and will be very appealing to him/her. Pimozide Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, pimozide antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Pimozide Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, pimozide lethargy, pimozide stumbling and seizures. Pimozide Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Pimozide Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Pimozide Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, pimozide excessive drooling, pimozide and stomach pain. Pimozide If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, pimozide as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Pimozide Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Pimozide Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Pimozide Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, pimozide vomiting, pimozide excessive urination and activity, pimozide and can lead to seizures. Pimozide Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Pimozide Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, pimozide especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Pimozide You are responsible for Puggle care and, pimozide therefore, pimozide need to ensure that fabric softener, pimozide clothing and dish detergent, pimozide bathroom cleaners, pimozide etc. Pimozide are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Pimozide The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, pimozide vomiting, pimozide lethargy, pimozide muscle weakness, pimozide mouth burns, pimozide and even a coma. Pimozide Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Pimozide Excessive drooling, pimozide vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Pimozide Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Pimozide Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, pimozide and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Pimozide Some toxic plants include aloe, pimozide ferns, pimozide lilies and ivy. Pimozide If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, pimozide the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Pimozide Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Pimozide Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Pimozide Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Pimozide However, pimozide if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, pimozide the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Pimozide This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Pimozide A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Pimozide Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Pimozide Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Pimozide If you use moth balls, pimozide get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Pimozide Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Pimozide Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, pimozide leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, pimozide vomiting, pimozide seizures and coma. Pimozide Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Pimozide Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Pimozide Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Pimozide This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Pimozide Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, pimozide lethargy and stomach pain. Pimozide Call your Vet right away.
Pimozide Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Pimozide
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Pimozide Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Pimozide Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, pimozide loss of appetite, pimozide lethargy and vomiting. Pimozide See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Pimozide Keep all batteries in a safe, pimozide secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.