Plasil Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Plasil Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Plasil In other words, plasil they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Plasil The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, plasil and will be very appealing to him/her. Plasil Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, plasil antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Plasil Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, plasil lethargy, plasil stumbling and seizures. Plasil Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Plasil Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Plasil Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, plasil excessive drooling, plasil and stomach pain. Plasil If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, plasil as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Plasil Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Plasil Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Plasil Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, plasil vomiting, plasil excessive urination and activity, plasil and can lead to seizures. Plasil Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Plasil Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, plasil especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Plasil You are responsible for Puggle care and, plasil therefore, plasil need to ensure that fabric softener, plasil clothing and dish detergent, plasil bathroom cleaners, plasil etc. Plasil are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Plasil The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, plasil vomiting, plasil lethargy, plasil muscle weakness, plasil mouth burns, plasil and even a coma. Plasil Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Plasil Excessive drooling, plasil vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Plasil Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Plasil Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, plasil and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Plasil Some toxic plants include aloe, plasil ferns, plasil lilies and ivy. Plasil If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, plasil the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Plasil Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Plasil Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Plasil Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Plasil However, plasil if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, plasil the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Plasil This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Plasil A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Plasil Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Plasil Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Plasil If you use moth balls, plasil get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Plasil Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Plasil Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, plasil leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, plasil vomiting, plasil seizures and coma. Plasil Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Plasil Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Plasil Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Plasil This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Plasil Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, plasil lethargy and stomach pain. Plasil Call your Vet right away.

Plasil Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Plasil

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Plasil Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Plasil Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, plasil loss of appetite, plasil lethargy and vomiting. Plasil See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Plasil Keep all batteries in a safe, plasil secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.