Prazosin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Prazosin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Prazosin In other words, prazosin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Prazosin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, prazosin and will be very appealing to him/her. Prazosin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, prazosin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Prazosin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, prazosin lethargy, prazosin stumbling and seizures. Prazosin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Prazosin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Prazosin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, prazosin excessive drooling, prazosin and stomach pain. Prazosin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, prazosin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Prazosin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Prazosin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Prazosin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, prazosin vomiting, prazosin excessive urination and activity, prazosin and can lead to seizures. Prazosin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Prazosin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, prazosin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Prazosin You are responsible for Puggle care and, prazosin therefore, prazosin need to ensure that fabric softener, prazosin clothing and dish detergent, prazosin bathroom cleaners, prazosin etc. Prazosin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Prazosin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, prazosin vomiting, prazosin lethargy, prazosin muscle weakness, prazosin mouth burns, prazosin and even a coma. Prazosin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Prazosin Excessive drooling, prazosin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Prazosin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Prazosin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, prazosin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Prazosin Some toxic plants include aloe, prazosin ferns, prazosin lilies and ivy. Prazosin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, prazosin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Prazosin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Prazosin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Prazosin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Prazosin However, prazosin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, prazosin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Prazosin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Prazosin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Prazosin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Prazosin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Prazosin If you use moth balls, prazosin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Prazosin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Prazosin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, prazosin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, prazosin vomiting, prazosin seizures and coma. Prazosin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Prazosin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Prazosin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Prazosin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Prazosin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, prazosin lethargy and stomach pain. Prazosin Call your Vet right away.
Prazosin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Prazosin
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Prazosin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Prazosin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, prazosin loss of appetite, prazosin lethargy and vomiting. Prazosin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Prazosin Keep all batteries in a safe, prazosin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.