Protektor spray Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Protektor spray Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Protektor spray In other words, protektor spray they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Protektor spray The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, protektor spray and will be very appealing to him/her. Protektor spray Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, protektor spray antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Protektor spray Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, protektor spray lethargy, protektor spray stumbling and seizures. Protektor spray Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Protektor spray Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Protektor spray Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, protektor spray excessive drooling, protektor spray and stomach pain. Protektor spray If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, protektor spray as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Protektor spray Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Protektor spray Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Protektor spray Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, protektor spray vomiting, protektor spray excessive urination and activity, protektor spray and can lead to seizures. Protektor spray Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Protektor spray Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, protektor spray especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Protektor spray You are responsible for Puggle care and, protektor spray therefore, protektor spray need to ensure that fabric softener, protektor spray clothing and dish detergent, protektor spray bathroom cleaners, protektor spray etc. Protektor spray are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Protektor spray The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, protektor spray vomiting, protektor spray lethargy, protektor spray muscle weakness, protektor spray mouth burns, protektor spray and even a coma. Protektor spray Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Protektor spray Excessive drooling, protektor spray vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Protektor spray Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Protektor spray Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, protektor spray and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Protektor spray Some toxic plants include aloe, protektor spray ferns, protektor spray lilies and ivy. Protektor spray If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, protektor spray the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Protektor spray Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Protektor spray Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Protektor spray Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Protektor spray However, protektor spray if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, protektor spray the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Protektor spray This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Protektor spray A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Protektor spray Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Protektor spray Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Protektor spray If you use moth balls, protektor spray get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Protektor spray Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Protektor spray Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, protektor spray leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, protektor spray vomiting, protektor spray seizures and coma. Protektor spray Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Protektor spray Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Protektor spray Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Protektor spray This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Protektor spray Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, protektor spray lethargy and stomach pain. Protektor spray Call your Vet right away.
Protektor spray Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Protektor spray
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Protektor spray Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Protektor spray Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, protektor spray loss of appetite, protektor spray lethargy and vomiting. Protektor spray See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Protektor spray Keep all batteries in a safe, protektor spray secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.