Qutipin

Qutipin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Qutipin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Qutipin In other words, qutipin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Qutipin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, qutipin and will be very appealing to him/her. Qutipin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, qutipin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Qutipin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, qutipin lethargy, qutipin stumbling and seizures. Qutipin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Qutipin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Qutipin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, qutipin excessive drooling, qutipin and stomach pain. Qutipin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, qutipin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Qutipin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Qutipin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Qutipin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, qutipin vomiting, qutipin excessive urination and activity, qutipin and can lead to seizures. Qutipin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Qutipin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, qutipin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Qutipin You are responsible for Puggle care and, qutipin therefore, qutipin need to ensure that fabric softener, qutipin clothing and dish detergent, qutipin bathroom cleaners, qutipin etc. Qutipin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Qutipin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, qutipin vomiting, qutipin lethargy, qutipin muscle weakness, qutipin mouth burns, qutipin and even a coma. Qutipin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Qutipin Excessive drooling, qutipin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Qutipin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Qutipin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, qutipin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Qutipin Some toxic plants include aloe, qutipin ferns, qutipin lilies and ivy. Qutipin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, qutipin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Qutipin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Qutipin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Qutipin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Qutipin However, qutipin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, qutipin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Qutipin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Qutipin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Qutipin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Qutipin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Qutipin If you use moth balls, qutipin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Qutipin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Qutipin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, qutipin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, qutipin vomiting, qutipin seizures and coma. Qutipin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Qutipin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Qutipin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Qutipin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Qutipin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, qutipin lethargy and stomach pain. Qutipin Call your Vet right away.

Qutipin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Qutipin

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Qutipin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Qutipin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, qutipin loss of appetite, qutipin lethargy and vomiting. Qutipin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Qutipin Keep all batteries in a safe, qutipin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.