Ranitidine Puggle breeders need to be carefully scrutinized before you make the decision to buy a pup from their litter. Ranitidine Even though the Puggle does not have a breed standard, ranitidine this doesn’t mean you should trust every Puggle Breeder out there. Ranitidine Not everyone has good breeding ethics, ranitidine and for some, ranitidine all they care about is the money they’ll make off the sales of a popular breed.
Ranitidine Here is what you need to find out before you settle on just any Puggle breeder –
- Does the breeder sell his/her Puggles privately, ranitidine or do they sell to pet shops? A breeder that is willing to sell the dogs they breed to pet shops is only in the breeding business for money.
- Does the breeder breed more than Puggles? If Puggle breeders are breeding more than one type of dog other than a Beagle or Pug (aside from the Puggle) or if they have only ever bred Puggles, ranitidine you should take your business elsewhere. Ranitidine A reputable breeder interested in breeding hybrids should first be experienced with properly breeding a purebred dog. Ranitidine Furthermore, ranitidine a breeder who has bred either Pugs of Beagles previously, ranitidine has a good idea of what type of temperaments to expect.
- Ask to see the sire and dam of the litter. Ranitidine A good breeder will show you both or either the sire and dam of the litter. Ranitidine They should also show you a detailed pedigree of both dogs. Ranitidine Even though Puggles are only hybrid dogs, ranitidine a breeder with a pedigree of the purebred parents is a sign of a responsible breeder.
- Is the breeder willing to give up the pup before 8 weeks? Puggle breeders should not allow a Puggle puppy to be taken sooner than 8 weeks of age. Ranitidine A puppy offered before this age has not been allowed sufficient time to be weaned from his/her mother. Ranitidine This can cause social and development issues in the dog.
- There should always be a guarantee – Only a reputable breeder would provide you with a contract and written guarantee for the dog. Ranitidine The guarantee usually states that if something should happen with the dog’s health, ranitidine etc. Ranitidine they will take the Puggle back and offer you a new one or give you your money back. Ranitidine Essentially, ranitidine a good breeder would rather take the dog back than see harm come to it.
- The breeder should be registered – Even though the Puggle is a hybrid breed not recognized by any of the national kennel clubs, ranitidine reputable Puggle Breeders will have their Puggles registered with the American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC), ranitidine or the Hybrid Club of their nation. Ranitidine Note: The ACHC only registers individual Puggles that have purebread parents. Ranitidine
Ranitidine Finally, ranitidine make sure you visit the breeder in person and get to know the pups before you make any decisions. Ranitidine In addition, ranitidine make sure the premise in which the breeder is raising the pups is a clean and happy environment.