Rheumatrex

Rheumatrex Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Rheumatrex Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Rheumatrex In other words, rheumatrex they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Rheumatrex The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, rheumatrex and will be very appealing to him/her. Rheumatrex Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, rheumatrex antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Rheumatrex Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, rheumatrex lethargy, rheumatrex stumbling and seizures. Rheumatrex Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Rheumatrex Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Rheumatrex Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, rheumatrex excessive drooling, rheumatrex and stomach pain. Rheumatrex If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, rheumatrex as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Rheumatrex Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Rheumatrex Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Rheumatrex Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, rheumatrex vomiting, rheumatrex excessive urination and activity, rheumatrex and can lead to seizures. Rheumatrex Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Rheumatrex Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, rheumatrex especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Rheumatrex You are responsible for Puggle care and, rheumatrex therefore, rheumatrex need to ensure that fabric softener, rheumatrex clothing and dish detergent, rheumatrex bathroom cleaners, rheumatrex etc. Rheumatrex are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Rheumatrex The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, rheumatrex vomiting, rheumatrex lethargy, rheumatrex muscle weakness, rheumatrex mouth burns, rheumatrex and even a coma. Rheumatrex Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Rheumatrex Excessive drooling, rheumatrex vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Rheumatrex Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Rheumatrex Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, rheumatrex and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Rheumatrex Some toxic plants include aloe, rheumatrex ferns, rheumatrex lilies and ivy. Rheumatrex If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, rheumatrex the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Rheumatrex Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Rheumatrex Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Rheumatrex Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Rheumatrex However, rheumatrex if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, rheumatrex the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Rheumatrex This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Rheumatrex A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Rheumatrex Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Rheumatrex Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Rheumatrex If you use moth balls, rheumatrex get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Rheumatrex Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Rheumatrex Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, rheumatrex leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, rheumatrex vomiting, rheumatrex seizures and coma. Rheumatrex Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Rheumatrex Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Rheumatrex Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Rheumatrex This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Rheumatrex Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, rheumatrex lethargy and stomach pain. Rheumatrex Call your Vet right away.

Rheumatrex Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Rheumatrex

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Rheumatrex Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Rheumatrex Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, rheumatrex loss of appetite, rheumatrex lethargy and vomiting. Rheumatrex See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Rheumatrex Keep all batteries in a safe, rheumatrex secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.