Riztec Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Riztec Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Riztec In other words, riztec they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Riztec The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, riztec and will be very appealing to him/her. Riztec Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, riztec antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Riztec Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, riztec lethargy, riztec stumbling and seizures. Riztec Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Riztec Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Riztec Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, riztec excessive drooling, riztec and stomach pain. Riztec If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, riztec as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Riztec Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Riztec Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Riztec Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, riztec vomiting, riztec excessive urination and activity, riztec and can lead to seizures. Riztec Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Riztec Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, riztec especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Riztec You are responsible for Puggle care and, riztec therefore, riztec need to ensure that fabric softener, riztec clothing and dish detergent, riztec bathroom cleaners, riztec etc. Riztec are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Riztec The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, riztec vomiting, riztec lethargy, riztec muscle weakness, riztec mouth burns, riztec and even a coma. Riztec Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Riztec Excessive drooling, riztec vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Riztec Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Riztec Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, riztec and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Riztec Some toxic plants include aloe, riztec ferns, riztec lilies and ivy. Riztec If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, riztec the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Riztec Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Riztec Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Riztec Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Riztec However, riztec if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, riztec the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Riztec This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Riztec A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Riztec Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Riztec Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Riztec If you use moth balls, riztec get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Riztec Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Riztec Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, riztec leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, riztec vomiting, riztec seizures and coma. Riztec Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Riztec Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Riztec Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Riztec This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Riztec Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, riztec lethargy and stomach pain. Riztec Call your Vet right away.
Riztec Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Riztec
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Riztec Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Riztec Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, riztec loss of appetite, riztec lethargy and vomiting. Riztec See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Riztec Keep all batteries in a safe, riztec secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.