Rowasa Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Rowasa Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Rowasa In other words, rowasa they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Rowasa The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, rowasa and will be very appealing to him/her. Rowasa Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, rowasa antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Rowasa Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, rowasa lethargy, rowasa stumbling and seizures. Rowasa Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Rowasa Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Rowasa Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, rowasa excessive drooling, rowasa and stomach pain. Rowasa If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, rowasa as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Rowasa Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Rowasa Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Rowasa Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, rowasa vomiting, rowasa excessive urination and activity, rowasa and can lead to seizures. Rowasa Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Rowasa Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, rowasa especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Rowasa You are responsible for Puggle care and, rowasa therefore, rowasa need to ensure that fabric softener, rowasa clothing and dish detergent, rowasa bathroom cleaners, rowasa etc. Rowasa are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Rowasa The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, rowasa vomiting, rowasa lethargy, rowasa muscle weakness, rowasa mouth burns, rowasa and even a coma. Rowasa Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Rowasa Excessive drooling, rowasa vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Rowasa Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Rowasa Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, rowasa and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Rowasa Some toxic plants include aloe, rowasa ferns, rowasa lilies and ivy. Rowasa If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, rowasa the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Rowasa Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Rowasa Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Rowasa Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Rowasa However, rowasa if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, rowasa the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Rowasa This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Rowasa A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Rowasa Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Rowasa Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Rowasa If you use moth balls, rowasa get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Rowasa Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Rowasa Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, rowasa leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, rowasa vomiting, rowasa seizures and coma. Rowasa Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Rowasa Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Rowasa Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Rowasa This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Rowasa Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, rowasa lethargy and stomach pain. Rowasa Call your Vet right away.
Rowasa Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Rowasa
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Rowasa Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Rowasa Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, rowasa loss of appetite, rowasa lethargy and vomiting. Rowasa See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Rowasa Keep all batteries in a safe, rowasa secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.