Sedural Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Sedural Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Sedural In other words, sedural they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Sedural The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, sedural and will be very appealing to him/her. Sedural Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, sedural antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Sedural Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, sedural lethargy, sedural stumbling and seizures. Sedural Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Sedural Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Sedural Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, sedural excessive drooling, sedural and stomach pain. Sedural If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, sedural as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Sedural Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Sedural Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Sedural Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, sedural vomiting, sedural excessive urination and activity, sedural and can lead to seizures. Sedural Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Sedural Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, sedural especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Sedural You are responsible for Puggle care and, sedural therefore, sedural need to ensure that fabric softener, sedural clothing and dish detergent, sedural bathroom cleaners, sedural etc. Sedural are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Sedural The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, sedural vomiting, sedural lethargy, sedural muscle weakness, sedural mouth burns, sedural and even a coma. Sedural Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Sedural Excessive drooling, sedural vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Sedural Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Sedural Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, sedural and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Sedural Some toxic plants include aloe, sedural ferns, sedural lilies and ivy. Sedural If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, sedural the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Sedural Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Sedural Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Sedural Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Sedural However, sedural if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, sedural the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Sedural This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Sedural A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Sedural Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Sedural Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Sedural If you use moth balls, sedural get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Sedural Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Sedural Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, sedural leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, sedural vomiting, sedural seizures and coma. Sedural Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Sedural Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Sedural Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Sedural This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Sedural Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, sedural lethargy and stomach pain. Sedural Call your Vet right away.
Sedural Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Sedural
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Sedural Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Sedural Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, sedural loss of appetite, sedural lethargy and vomiting. Sedural See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Sedural Keep all batteries in a safe, sedural secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.