Septilin Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Septilin Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Septilin In other words, septilin they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Septilin The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, septilin and will be very appealing to him/her. Septilin Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, septilin antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Septilin Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, septilin lethargy, septilin stumbling and seizures. Septilin Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Septilin Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Septilin Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, septilin excessive drooling, septilin and stomach pain. Septilin If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, septilin as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Septilin Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Septilin Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Septilin Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, septilin vomiting, septilin excessive urination and activity, septilin and can lead to seizures. Septilin Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Septilin Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, septilin especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Septilin You are responsible for Puggle care and, septilin therefore, septilin need to ensure that fabric softener, septilin clothing and dish detergent, septilin bathroom cleaners, septilin etc. Septilin are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Septilin The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, septilin vomiting, septilin lethargy, septilin muscle weakness, septilin mouth burns, septilin and even a coma. Septilin Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Septilin Excessive drooling, septilin vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Septilin Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Septilin Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, septilin and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Septilin Some toxic plants include aloe, septilin ferns, septilin lilies and ivy. Septilin If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, septilin the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Septilin Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Septilin Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Septilin Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Septilin However, septilin if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, septilin the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Septilin This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Septilin A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Septilin Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Septilin Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Septilin If you use moth balls, septilin get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Septilin Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Septilin Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, septilin leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, septilin vomiting, septilin seizures and coma. Septilin Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Septilin Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Septilin Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Septilin This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Septilin Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, septilin lethargy and stomach pain. Septilin Call your Vet right away.
Septilin Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Septilin
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Septilin Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Septilin Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, septilin loss of appetite, septilin lethargy and vomiting. Septilin See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Septilin Keep all batteries in a safe, septilin secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.