Serlift Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Serlift Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Serlift In other words, serlift they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Serlift The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, serlift and will be very appealing to him/her. Serlift Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, serlift antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Serlift Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, serlift lethargy, serlift stumbling and seizures. Serlift Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Serlift Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Serlift Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, serlift excessive drooling, serlift and stomach pain. Serlift If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, serlift as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Serlift Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Serlift Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Serlift Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, serlift vomiting, serlift excessive urination and activity, serlift and can lead to seizures. Serlift Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Serlift Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, serlift especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Serlift You are responsible for Puggle care and, serlift therefore, serlift need to ensure that fabric softener, serlift clothing and dish detergent, serlift bathroom cleaners, serlift etc. Serlift are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Serlift The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, serlift vomiting, serlift lethargy, serlift muscle weakness, serlift mouth burns, serlift and even a coma. Serlift Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Serlift Excessive drooling, serlift vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Serlift Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Serlift Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, serlift and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Serlift Some toxic plants include aloe, serlift ferns, serlift lilies and ivy. Serlift If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, serlift the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Serlift Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Serlift Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Serlift Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Serlift However, serlift if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, serlift the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Serlift This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Serlift A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Serlift Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Serlift Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Serlift If you use moth balls, serlift get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Serlift Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Serlift Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, serlift leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, serlift vomiting, serlift seizures and coma. Serlift Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Serlift Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Serlift Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Serlift This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Serlift Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, serlift lethargy and stomach pain. Serlift Call your Vet right away.
Serlift Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Serlift
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Serlift Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Serlift Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, serlift loss of appetite, serlift lethargy and vomiting. Serlift See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Serlift Keep all batteries in a safe, serlift secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.