Serratia peptidase Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Serratia peptidase Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Serratia peptidase In other words, serratia peptidase they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Serratia peptidase The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, serratia peptidase and will be very appealing to him/her. Serratia peptidase Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, serratia peptidase antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Serratia peptidase Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, serratia peptidase lethargy, serratia peptidase stumbling and seizures. Serratia peptidase Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Serratia peptidase Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Serratia peptidase Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, serratia peptidase excessive drooling, serratia peptidase and stomach pain. Serratia peptidase If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, serratia peptidase as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Serratia peptidase Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Serratia peptidase Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Serratia peptidase Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, serratia peptidase vomiting, serratia peptidase excessive urination and activity, serratia peptidase and can lead to seizures. Serratia peptidase Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Serratia peptidase Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, serratia peptidase especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Serratia peptidase You are responsible for Puggle care and, serratia peptidase therefore, serratia peptidase need to ensure that fabric softener, serratia peptidase clothing and dish detergent, serratia peptidase bathroom cleaners, serratia peptidase etc. Serratia peptidase are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Serratia peptidase The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, serratia peptidase vomiting, serratia peptidase lethargy, serratia peptidase muscle weakness, serratia peptidase mouth burns, serratia peptidase and even a coma. Serratia peptidase Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Serratia peptidase Excessive drooling, serratia peptidase vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Serratia peptidase Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Serratia peptidase Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, serratia peptidase and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Serratia peptidase Some toxic plants include aloe, serratia peptidase ferns, serratia peptidase lilies and ivy. Serratia peptidase If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, serratia peptidase the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Serratia peptidase Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Serratia peptidase Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Serratia peptidase Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Serratia peptidase However, serratia peptidase if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, serratia peptidase the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Serratia peptidase This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Serratia peptidase A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Serratia peptidase Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Serratia peptidase Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Serratia peptidase If you use moth balls, serratia peptidase get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Serratia peptidase Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Serratia peptidase Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, serratia peptidase leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, serratia peptidase vomiting, serratia peptidase seizures and coma. Serratia peptidase Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Serratia peptidase Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Serratia peptidase Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Serratia peptidase This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Serratia peptidase Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, serratia peptidase lethargy and stomach pain. Serratia peptidase Call your Vet right away.
Serratia peptidase Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Serratia peptidase
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Serratia peptidase Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Serratia peptidase Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, serratia peptidase loss of appetite, serratia peptidase lethargy and vomiting. Serratia peptidase See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Serratia peptidase Keep all batteries in a safe, serratia peptidase secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.