Sinquan

Sinquan Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Sinquan Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Sinquan In other words, sinquan they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Sinquan The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, sinquan and will be very appealing to him/her. Sinquan Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, sinquan antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Sinquan Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, sinquan lethargy, sinquan stumbling and seizures. Sinquan Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Sinquan Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Sinquan Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, sinquan excessive drooling, sinquan and stomach pain. Sinquan If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, sinquan as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Sinquan Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Sinquan Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Sinquan Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, sinquan vomiting, sinquan excessive urination and activity, sinquan and can lead to seizures. Sinquan Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Sinquan Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, sinquan especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Sinquan You are responsible for Puggle care and, sinquan therefore, sinquan need to ensure that fabric softener, sinquan clothing and dish detergent, sinquan bathroom cleaners, sinquan etc. Sinquan are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Sinquan The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, sinquan vomiting, sinquan lethargy, sinquan muscle weakness, sinquan mouth burns, sinquan and even a coma. Sinquan Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Sinquan Excessive drooling, sinquan vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Sinquan Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Sinquan Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, sinquan and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Sinquan Some toxic plants include aloe, sinquan ferns, sinquan lilies and ivy. Sinquan If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, sinquan the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Sinquan Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Sinquan Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Sinquan Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Sinquan However, sinquan if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, sinquan the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Sinquan This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Sinquan A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Sinquan Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Sinquan Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Sinquan If you use moth balls, sinquan get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Sinquan Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Sinquan Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, sinquan leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, sinquan vomiting, sinquan seizures and coma. Sinquan Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Sinquan Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Sinquan Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Sinquan This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Sinquan Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, sinquan lethargy and stomach pain. Sinquan Call your Vet right away.

Sinquan Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Sinquan

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Sinquan Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Sinquan Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, sinquan loss of appetite, sinquan lethargy and vomiting. Sinquan See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Sinquan Keep all batteries in a safe, sinquan secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.