Sirdalud Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Sirdalud Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Sirdalud In other words, sirdalud they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Sirdalud The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, sirdalud and will be very appealing to him/her. Sirdalud Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, sirdalud antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Sirdalud Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, sirdalud lethargy, sirdalud stumbling and seizures. Sirdalud Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Sirdalud Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Sirdalud Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, sirdalud excessive drooling, sirdalud and stomach pain. Sirdalud If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, sirdalud as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Sirdalud Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Sirdalud Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Sirdalud Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, sirdalud vomiting, sirdalud excessive urination and activity, sirdalud and can lead to seizures. Sirdalud Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Sirdalud Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, sirdalud especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Sirdalud You are responsible for Puggle care and, sirdalud therefore, sirdalud need to ensure that fabric softener, sirdalud clothing and dish detergent, sirdalud bathroom cleaners, sirdalud etc. Sirdalud are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Sirdalud The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, sirdalud vomiting, sirdalud lethargy, sirdalud muscle weakness, sirdalud mouth burns, sirdalud and even a coma. Sirdalud Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Sirdalud Excessive drooling, sirdalud vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Sirdalud Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Sirdalud Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, sirdalud and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Sirdalud Some toxic plants include aloe, sirdalud ferns, sirdalud lilies and ivy. Sirdalud If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, sirdalud the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Sirdalud Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Sirdalud Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Sirdalud Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Sirdalud However, sirdalud if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, sirdalud the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Sirdalud This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Sirdalud A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Sirdalud Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Sirdalud Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Sirdalud If you use moth balls, sirdalud get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Sirdalud Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Sirdalud Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, sirdalud leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, sirdalud vomiting, sirdalud seizures and coma. Sirdalud Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Sirdalud Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Sirdalud Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Sirdalud This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Sirdalud Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, sirdalud lethargy and stomach pain. Sirdalud Call your Vet right away.

Sirdalud Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Sirdalud

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Sirdalud Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Sirdalud Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, sirdalud loss of appetite, sirdalud lethargy and vomiting. Sirdalud See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Sirdalud Keep all batteries in a safe, sirdalud secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.