Sleep well Puggle breeders need to be carefully scrutinized before you make the decision to buy a pup from their litter. Sleep well Even though the Puggle does not have a breed standard, sleep well this doesn’t mean you should trust every Puggle Breeder out there. Sleep well Not everyone has good breeding ethics, sleep well and for some, sleep well all they care about is the money they’ll make off the sales of a popular breed.
Sleep well Here is what you need to find out before you settle on just any Puggle breeder –
- Does the breeder sell his/her Puggles privately, sleep well or do they sell to pet shops? A breeder that is willing to sell the dogs they breed to pet shops is only in the breeding business for money.
- Does the breeder breed more than Puggles? If Puggle breeders are breeding more than one type of dog other than a Beagle or Pug (aside from the Puggle) or if they have only ever bred Puggles, sleep well you should take your business elsewhere. Sleep well A reputable breeder interested in breeding hybrids should first be experienced with properly breeding a purebred dog. Sleep well Furthermore, sleep well a breeder who has bred either Pugs of Beagles previously, sleep well has a good idea of what type of temperaments to expect.
- Ask to see the sire and dam of the litter. Sleep well A good breeder will show you both or either the sire and dam of the litter. Sleep well They should also show you a detailed pedigree of both dogs. Sleep well Even though Puggles are only hybrid dogs, sleep well a breeder with a pedigree of the purebred parents is a sign of a responsible breeder.
- Is the breeder willing to give up the pup before 8 weeks? Puggle breeders should not allow a Puggle puppy to be taken sooner than 8 weeks of age. Sleep well A puppy offered before this age has not been allowed sufficient time to be weaned from his/her mother. Sleep well This can cause social and development issues in the dog.
- There should always be a guarantee – Only a reputable breeder would provide you with a contract and written guarantee for the dog. Sleep well The guarantee usually states that if something should happen with the dog’s health, sleep well etc. Sleep well they will take the Puggle back and offer you a new one or give you your money back. Sleep well Essentially, sleep well a good breeder would rather take the dog back than see harm come to it.
- The breeder should be registered – Even though the Puggle is a hybrid breed not recognized by any of the national kennel clubs, sleep well reputable Puggle Breeders will have their Puggles registered with the American Canine Hybrid Club (ACHC), sleep well or the Hybrid Club of their nation. Sleep well Note: The ACHC only registers individual Puggles that have purebread parents. Sleep well
Sleep well Finally, sleep well make sure you visit the breeder in person and get to know the pups before you make any decisions. Sleep well In addition, sleep well make sure the premise in which the breeder is raising the pups is a clean and happy environment.