Sotret Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Sotret Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Sotret In other words, sotret they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Sotret The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, sotret and will be very appealing to him/her. Sotret Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, sotret antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Sotret Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, sotret lethargy, sotret stumbling and seizures. Sotret Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Sotret Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Sotret Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, sotret excessive drooling, sotret and stomach pain. Sotret If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, sotret as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Sotret Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Sotret Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Sotret Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, sotret vomiting, sotret excessive urination and activity, sotret and can lead to seizures. Sotret Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Sotret Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, sotret especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Sotret You are responsible for Puggle care and, sotret therefore, sotret need to ensure that fabric softener, sotret clothing and dish detergent, sotret bathroom cleaners, sotret etc. Sotret are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Sotret The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, sotret vomiting, sotret lethargy, sotret muscle weakness, sotret mouth burns, sotret and even a coma. Sotret Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Sotret Excessive drooling, sotret vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Sotret Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Sotret Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, sotret and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Sotret Some toxic plants include aloe, sotret ferns, sotret lilies and ivy. Sotret If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, sotret the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Sotret Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Sotret Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Sotret Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Sotret However, sotret if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, sotret the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Sotret This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Sotret A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Sotret Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Sotret Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Sotret If you use moth balls, sotret get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Sotret Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Sotret Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, sotret leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, sotret vomiting, sotret seizures and coma. Sotret Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Sotret Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Sotret Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Sotret This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Sotret Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, sotret lethargy and stomach pain. Sotret Call your Vet right away.
Sotret Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Sotret
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Sotret Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Sotret Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, sotret loss of appetite, sotret lethargy and vomiting. Sotret See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Sotret Keep all batteries in a safe, sotret secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.