Sporanox Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Sporanox Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Sporanox In other words, sporanox they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Sporanox The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, sporanox and will be very appealing to him/her. Sporanox Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, sporanox antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Sporanox Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, sporanox lethargy, sporanox stumbling and seizures. Sporanox Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Sporanox Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Sporanox Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, sporanox excessive drooling, sporanox and stomach pain. Sporanox If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, sporanox as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Sporanox Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Sporanox Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Sporanox Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, sporanox vomiting, sporanox excessive urination and activity, sporanox and can lead to seizures. Sporanox Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Sporanox Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, sporanox especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Sporanox You are responsible for Puggle care and, sporanox therefore, sporanox need to ensure that fabric softener, sporanox clothing and dish detergent, sporanox bathroom cleaners, sporanox etc. Sporanox are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Sporanox The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, sporanox vomiting, sporanox lethargy, sporanox muscle weakness, sporanox mouth burns, sporanox and even a coma. Sporanox Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Sporanox Excessive drooling, sporanox vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Sporanox Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Sporanox Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, sporanox and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Sporanox Some toxic plants include aloe, sporanox ferns, sporanox lilies and ivy. Sporanox If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, sporanox the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Sporanox Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Sporanox Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Sporanox Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Sporanox However, sporanox if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, sporanox the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Sporanox This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Sporanox A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Sporanox Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Sporanox Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Sporanox If you use moth balls, sporanox get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Sporanox Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Sporanox Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, sporanox leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, sporanox vomiting, sporanox seizures and coma. Sporanox Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Sporanox Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Sporanox Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Sporanox This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Sporanox Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, sporanox lethargy and stomach pain. Sporanox Call your Vet right away.
Sporanox Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Sporanox
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Sporanox Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Sporanox Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, sporanox loss of appetite, sporanox lethargy and vomiting. Sporanox See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Sporanox Keep all batteries in a safe, sporanox secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.