Sqworm

Sqworm Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Sqworm Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Sqworm In other words, sqworm they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Sqworm The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –

  • Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, sqworm and will be very appealing to him/her. Sqworm Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, sqworm antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Sqworm Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, sqworm lethargy, sqworm stumbling and seizures. Sqworm Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.

Sqworm Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.

  • Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Sqworm Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, sqworm excessive drooling, sqworm and stomach pain. Sqworm If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, sqworm as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.

Sqworm Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.

  • Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Sqworm Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Sqworm Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, sqworm vomiting, sqworm excessive urination and activity, sqworm and can lead to seizures. Sqworm Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.

Sqworm Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, sqworm especially when you have guests over for the holidays.

  • Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Sqworm You are responsible for Puggle care and, sqworm therefore, sqworm need to ensure that fabric softener, sqworm clothing and dish detergent, sqworm bathroom cleaners, sqworm etc. Sqworm are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Sqworm The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, sqworm vomiting, sqworm lethargy, sqworm muscle weakness, sqworm mouth burns, sqworm and even a coma. Sqworm Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
  • Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Sqworm Excessive drooling, sqworm vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Sqworm Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.

Sqworm Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, sqworm and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.

  • House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Sqworm Some toxic plants include aloe, sqworm ferns, sqworm lilies and ivy. Sqworm If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, sqworm the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Sqworm Be sure to contact your Vet right away.

Sqworm Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Sqworm Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Sqworm However, sqworm if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, sqworm the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.

  • Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Sqworm This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Sqworm A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Sqworm Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Sqworm Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.

Sqworm If you use moth balls, sqworm get rid of them for your dog’s safety.

  • MouthwashThe product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Sqworm Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Sqworm Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, sqworm leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, sqworm vomiting, sqworm seizures and coma. Sqworm Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Sqworm Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.  

Sqworm Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.

  • Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Sqworm This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Sqworm Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, sqworm lethargy and stomach pain. Sqworm Call your Vet right away.

Sqworm Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Sqworm

  • Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Sqworm Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Sqworm Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, sqworm loss of appetite, sqworm lethargy and vomiting. Sqworm See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.

Sqworm Keep all batteries in a safe, sqworm secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.