Starlix Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Starlix Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Starlix In other words, starlix they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Starlix The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, starlix and will be very appealing to him/her. Starlix Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, starlix antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Starlix Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, starlix lethargy, starlix stumbling and seizures. Starlix Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Starlix Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Starlix Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, starlix excessive drooling, starlix and stomach pain. Starlix If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, starlix as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Starlix Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Starlix Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Starlix Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, starlix vomiting, starlix excessive urination and activity, starlix and can lead to seizures. Starlix Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Starlix Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, starlix especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Starlix You are responsible for Puggle care and, starlix therefore, starlix need to ensure that fabric softener, starlix clothing and dish detergent, starlix bathroom cleaners, starlix etc. Starlix are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Starlix The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, starlix vomiting, starlix lethargy, starlix muscle weakness, starlix mouth burns, starlix and even a coma. Starlix Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Starlix Excessive drooling, starlix vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Starlix Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Starlix Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, starlix and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Starlix Some toxic plants include aloe, starlix ferns, starlix lilies and ivy. Starlix If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, starlix the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Starlix Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Starlix Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Starlix Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Starlix However, starlix if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, starlix the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Starlix This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Starlix A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Starlix Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Starlix Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Starlix If you use moth balls, starlix get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Starlix Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Starlix Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, starlix leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, starlix vomiting, starlix seizures and coma. Starlix Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Starlix Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Starlix Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Starlix This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Starlix Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, starlix lethargy and stomach pain. Starlix Call your Vet right away.
Starlix Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Starlix
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Starlix Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Starlix Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, starlix loss of appetite, starlix lethargy and vomiting. Starlix See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Starlix Keep all batteries in a safe, starlix secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.