Stemzine Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Stemzine Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Stemzine In other words, stemzine they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Stemzine The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, stemzine and will be very appealing to him/her. Stemzine Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, stemzine antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Stemzine Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, stemzine lethargy, stemzine stumbling and seizures. Stemzine Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Stemzine Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Stemzine Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, stemzine excessive drooling, stemzine and stomach pain. Stemzine If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, stemzine as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Stemzine Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Stemzine Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Stemzine Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, stemzine vomiting, stemzine excessive urination and activity, stemzine and can lead to seizures. Stemzine Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Stemzine Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, stemzine especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Stemzine You are responsible for Puggle care and, stemzine therefore, stemzine need to ensure that fabric softener, stemzine clothing and dish detergent, stemzine bathroom cleaners, stemzine etc. Stemzine are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Stemzine The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, stemzine vomiting, stemzine lethargy, stemzine muscle weakness, stemzine mouth burns, stemzine and even a coma. Stemzine Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Stemzine Excessive drooling, stemzine vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Stemzine Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Stemzine Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, stemzine and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Stemzine Some toxic plants include aloe, stemzine ferns, stemzine lilies and ivy. Stemzine If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, stemzine the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Stemzine Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Stemzine Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Stemzine Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Stemzine However, stemzine if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, stemzine the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Stemzine This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Stemzine A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Stemzine Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Stemzine Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Stemzine If you use moth balls, stemzine get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Stemzine Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Stemzine Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, stemzine leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, stemzine vomiting, stemzine seizures and coma. Stemzine Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Stemzine Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Stemzine Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Stemzine This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Stemzine Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, stemzine lethargy and stomach pain. Stemzine Call your Vet right away.
Stemzine Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Stemzine
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Stemzine Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Stemzine Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, stemzine loss of appetite, stemzine lethargy and vomiting. Stemzine See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Stemzine Keep all batteries in a safe, stemzine secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.