Sure romance Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Sure romance Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Sure romance In other words, sure romance they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Sure romance The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, sure romance and will be very appealing to him/her. Sure romance Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, sure romance antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Sure romance Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, sure romance lethargy, sure romance stumbling and seizures. Sure romance Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Sure romance Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Sure romance Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, sure romance excessive drooling, sure romance and stomach pain. Sure romance If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, sure romance as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Sure romance Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Sure romance Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Sure romance Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, sure romance vomiting, sure romance excessive urination and activity, sure romance and can lead to seizures. Sure romance Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Sure romance Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, sure romance especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Sure romance You are responsible for Puggle care and, sure romance therefore, sure romance need to ensure that fabric softener, sure romance clothing and dish detergent, sure romance bathroom cleaners, sure romance etc. Sure romance are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Sure romance The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, sure romance vomiting, sure romance lethargy, sure romance muscle weakness, sure romance mouth burns, sure romance and even a coma. Sure romance Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Sure romance Excessive drooling, sure romance vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Sure romance Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Sure romance Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, sure romance and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Sure romance Some toxic plants include aloe, sure romance ferns, sure romance lilies and ivy. Sure romance If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, sure romance the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Sure romance Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Sure romance Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Sure romance Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Sure romance However, sure romance if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, sure romance the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Sure romance This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Sure romance A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Sure romance Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Sure romance Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Sure romance If you use moth balls, sure romance get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Sure romance Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Sure romance Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, sure romance leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, sure romance vomiting, sure romance seizures and coma. Sure romance Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Sure romance Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Sure romance Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Sure romance This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Sure romance Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, sure romance lethargy and stomach pain. Sure romance Call your Vet right away.
Sure romance Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Sure romance
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Sure romance Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Sure romance Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, sure romance loss of appetite, sure romance lethargy and vomiting. Sure romance See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Sure romance Keep all batteries in a safe, sure romance secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.