Synthroid Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Synthroid Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Synthroid In other words, synthroid they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Synthroid The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, synthroid and will be very appealing to him/her. Synthroid Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, synthroid antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Synthroid Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, synthroid lethargy, synthroid stumbling and seizures. Synthroid Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Synthroid Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Synthroid Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, synthroid excessive drooling, synthroid and stomach pain. Synthroid If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, synthroid as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Synthroid Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Synthroid Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Synthroid Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, synthroid vomiting, synthroid excessive urination and activity, synthroid and can lead to seizures. Synthroid Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Synthroid Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, synthroid especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Synthroid You are responsible for Puggle care and, synthroid therefore, synthroid need to ensure that fabric softener, synthroid clothing and dish detergent, synthroid bathroom cleaners, synthroid etc. Synthroid are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Synthroid The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, synthroid vomiting, synthroid lethargy, synthroid muscle weakness, synthroid mouth burns, synthroid and even a coma. Synthroid Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Synthroid Excessive drooling, synthroid vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Synthroid Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Synthroid Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, synthroid and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Synthroid Some toxic plants include aloe, synthroid ferns, synthroid lilies and ivy. Synthroid If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, synthroid the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Synthroid Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Synthroid Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Synthroid Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Synthroid However, synthroid if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, synthroid the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Synthroid This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Synthroid A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Synthroid Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Synthroid Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Synthroid If you use moth balls, synthroid get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Synthroid Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Synthroid Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, synthroid leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, synthroid vomiting, synthroid seizures and coma. Synthroid Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Synthroid Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Synthroid Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Synthroid This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Synthroid Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, synthroid lethargy and stomach pain. Synthroid Call your Vet right away.
Synthroid Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Synthroid
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Synthroid Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Synthroid Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, synthroid loss of appetite, synthroid lethargy and vomiting. Synthroid See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Synthroid Keep all batteries in a safe, synthroid secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.