Taravid Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Taravid Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Taravid In other words, taravid they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Taravid The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, taravid and will be very appealing to him/her. Taravid Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, taravid antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Taravid Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, taravid lethargy, taravid stumbling and seizures. Taravid Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Taravid Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Taravid Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, taravid excessive drooling, taravid and stomach pain. Taravid If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, taravid as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Taravid Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Taravid Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Taravid Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, taravid vomiting, taravid excessive urination and activity, taravid and can lead to seizures. Taravid Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Taravid Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, taravid especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Taravid You are responsible for Puggle care and, taravid therefore, taravid need to ensure that fabric softener, taravid clothing and dish detergent, taravid bathroom cleaners, taravid etc. Taravid are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Taravid The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, taravid vomiting, taravid lethargy, taravid muscle weakness, taravid mouth burns, taravid and even a coma. Taravid Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Taravid Excessive drooling, taravid vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Taravid Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Taravid Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, taravid and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Taravid Some toxic plants include aloe, taravid ferns, taravid lilies and ivy. Taravid If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, taravid the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Taravid Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Taravid Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Taravid Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Taravid However, taravid if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, taravid the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Taravid This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Taravid A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Taravid Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Taravid Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Taravid If you use moth balls, taravid get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Taravid Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Taravid Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, taravid leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, taravid vomiting, taravid seizures and coma. Taravid Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Taravid Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Taravid Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Taravid This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Taravid Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, taravid lethargy and stomach pain. Taravid Call your Vet right away.
Taravid Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Taravid
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Taravid Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Taravid Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, taravid loss of appetite, taravid lethargy and vomiting. Taravid See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Taravid Keep all batteries in a safe, taravid secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.