Telmisartan Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Telmisartan Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Telmisartan In other words, telmisartan they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Telmisartan The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, telmisartan and will be very appealing to him/her. Telmisartan Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, telmisartan antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Telmisartan Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, telmisartan lethargy, telmisartan stumbling and seizures. Telmisartan Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Telmisartan Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Telmisartan Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, telmisartan excessive drooling, telmisartan and stomach pain. Telmisartan If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, telmisartan as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Telmisartan Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Telmisartan Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Telmisartan Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, telmisartan vomiting, telmisartan excessive urination and activity, telmisartan and can lead to seizures. Telmisartan Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Telmisartan Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, telmisartan especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Telmisartan You are responsible for Puggle care and, telmisartan therefore, telmisartan need to ensure that fabric softener, telmisartan clothing and dish detergent, telmisartan bathroom cleaners, telmisartan etc. Telmisartan are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Telmisartan The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, telmisartan vomiting, telmisartan lethargy, telmisartan muscle weakness, telmisartan mouth burns, telmisartan and even a coma. Telmisartan Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Telmisartan Excessive drooling, telmisartan vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Telmisartan Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Telmisartan Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, telmisartan and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Telmisartan Some toxic plants include aloe, telmisartan ferns, telmisartan lilies and ivy. Telmisartan If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, telmisartan the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Telmisartan Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Telmisartan Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Telmisartan Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Telmisartan However, telmisartan if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, telmisartan the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Telmisartan This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Telmisartan A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Telmisartan Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Telmisartan Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Telmisartan If you use moth balls, telmisartan get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Telmisartan Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Telmisartan Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, telmisartan leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, telmisartan vomiting, telmisartan seizures and coma. Telmisartan Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Telmisartan Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Telmisartan Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Telmisartan This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Telmisartan Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, telmisartan lethargy and stomach pain. Telmisartan Call your Vet right away.
Telmisartan Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Telmisartan
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Telmisartan Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Telmisartan Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, telmisartan loss of appetite, telmisartan lethargy and vomiting. Telmisartan See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Telmisartan Keep all batteries in a safe, telmisartan secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.