Teril Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Teril Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Teril In other words, teril they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Teril The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, teril and will be very appealing to him/her. Teril Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, teril antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Teril Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, teril lethargy, teril stumbling and seizures. Teril Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Teril Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Teril Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, teril excessive drooling, teril and stomach pain. Teril If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, teril as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Teril Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Teril Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Teril Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, teril vomiting, teril excessive urination and activity, teril and can lead to seizures. Teril Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Teril Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, teril especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Teril You are responsible for Puggle care and, teril therefore, teril need to ensure that fabric softener, teril clothing and dish detergent, teril bathroom cleaners, teril etc. Teril are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Teril The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, teril vomiting, teril lethargy, teril muscle weakness, teril mouth burns, teril and even a coma. Teril Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Teril Excessive drooling, teril vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Teril Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Teril Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, teril and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Teril Some toxic plants include aloe, teril ferns, teril lilies and ivy. Teril If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, teril the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Teril Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Teril Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Teril Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Teril However, teril if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, teril the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Teril This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Teril A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Teril Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Teril Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Teril If you use moth balls, teril get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Teril Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Teril Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, teril leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, teril vomiting, teril seizures and coma. Teril Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Teril Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Teril Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Teril This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Teril Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, teril lethargy and stomach pain. Teril Call your Vet right away.
Teril Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Teril
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Teril Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Teril Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, teril loss of appetite, teril lethargy and vomiting. Teril See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Teril Keep all batteries in a safe, teril secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.