Topicaine Good Puggle care is about making sure your home is a safe and happy environment for your dog. Topicaine Dogs have a naturally curious and mischievous nature. Topicaine In other words, topicaine they will get into anything and everything if given half the chance. Topicaine The following are 10 items that you may have around your home which are hazardous to your dog’s health –
- Antifreeze – Antifreeze tastes like a sweet treat to your dog, topicaine and will be very appealing to him/her. Topicaine Although vital to your vehicle in the winter, topicaine antifreeze is incredibly poisonous to dogs and can kill them. Topicaine Signs to watch for in your dog include: vomiting, topicaine lethargy, topicaine stumbling and seizures. Topicaine Should you suspect that your dog has ingested antifreeze call your vet immediately.
Topicaine Make sure you store antifreeze on a high shelf or in a locked cupboard to avoid spills or the chance of your dog getting into it.
- Bleach – Household bleach is extremely toxic to dogs and can lead to death if ingested. Topicaine Signs of bleach poisoning including vomiting, topicaine excessive drooling, topicaine and stomach pain. Topicaine If you suspect or know your dog has ingested bleach, topicaine as part of your Puggle care you should not induce vomiting – call the vet immediately.
Topicaine Store bleach in a locked cupboard or high shelf for safety.
- Chocolate – Chocolate is toxic to dogs because it contains obromine. Topicaine Chocolate can kill dogs if ingested in small or large amounts. Topicaine Symptoms of chocolate poisoning include diarrhea, topicaine vomiting, topicaine excessive urination and activity, topicaine and can lead to seizures. Topicaine Call your vet immediately if you suspect your Puggle has ingested chocolate.
Topicaine Make sure chocolate candies are where your dog can’t reach them, topicaine especially when you have guests over for the holidays.
- Detergent – There are a variety of household detergents and other chemicals that are incredibly toxic to dogs. Topicaine You are responsible for Puggle care and, topicaine therefore, topicaine need to ensure that fabric softener, topicaine clothing and dish detergent, topicaine bathroom cleaners, topicaine etc. Topicaine are kept in a safe place far from your dog’s reach. Topicaine The following are the signs and symptoms that may occur if your dog is suffering from chemical poisoning: Excessive drooling, topicaine vomiting, topicaine lethargy, topicaine muscle weakness, topicaine mouth burns, topicaine and even a coma. Topicaine Contact your Vet right away and do not induce vomiting.
- Fruit pits and seeds – The pits and seeds of most fruits are actually toxic to dogs. Topicaine Excessive drooling, topicaine vomiting and lethargy are the common symptoms exhibited by dogs that have been poisoned by fruit pits and/or seeds. Topicaine Your dog should be taken to the Vet right away.
Topicaine Do not leave the garbage lying around where your dog can get at it, topicaine and keep fruit out of your dog’s reach.
- House plants – Many of the lovely plants you have in your home can actually be deadly to your dog. Topicaine Some toxic plants include aloe, topicaine ferns, topicaine lilies and ivy. Topicaine If your dog has ingested a toxic plant, topicaine the following are symptoms to watch for: vomiting and a stimulated nervous system. Topicaine Be sure to contact your Vet right away.
Topicaine Make sure you find out if your plants are harmful to your pet. Topicaine Keep those that are not out of his/her reach. Topicaine However, topicaine if you do have plants that are toxic to dogs, topicaine the best Puggle care you can employ is to rid your house of such plants.
- Mothballs – Moth balls are pure poison to dogs. Topicaine This shouldn’t surprise you considering the fact that moth balls contain insecticide. Topicaine A dog that ingests a moth ball will likely have symptoms of vomiting and seizures. Topicaine Your dog needs immediate veterinary care if you suspect or saw him/her ingest a moth ball. Topicaine Do not induce vomiting and rush them to the Vet right away as moth balls can result in liver failure.
Topicaine If you use moth balls, topicaine get rid of them for your dog’s safety.
- Mouthwash– The product you love that gives you minty fresh breath doesn’t provide your dog with the same benefits. Topicaine Most mouthwashes actually have an ingredient known as boric acid in them. Topicaine Boric acid is extremely toxic to dogs and when ingested, topicaine leads to symptoms including excessive drooling, topicaine vomiting, topicaine seizures and coma. Topicaine Your dog should be taken to his/her Vet right away if you suspect or know that this poisoning has occurring. Topicaine Note: Boric acid can also be found in denture cleaner and contact lens solution.
Topicaine Keep mouthwash and other Boric acid items out of reach for best Puggle care.
- Tylenol – Tylenol (acetaminophen) can be quite deadly to dogs. Topicaine This drug is particularly toxic to dogs because canines do not have the necessary liver enzymes to break it down. Topicaine Symptoms of Tylenol toxicity including: excessive drooling, topicaine lethargy and stomach pain. Topicaine Call your Vet right away.
Topicaine Keep Tylenol and all medication in a proper medicine cabinet well out of your dog’s reach. Topicaine
- Watch batteries – It only takes 12 hours for an ingested watch battery to kill your dog. Topicaine Swallowing a watch battery can result in a fatal stomach ulceration. Topicaine Any alkaline battery produces this same effect and symptoms include: excessive drooling, topicaine loss of appetite, topicaine lethargy and vomiting. Topicaine See your vet for immediate Puggle care if you suspect your dog has swallowed a battery.
Topicaine Keep all batteries in a safe, topicaine secure location far from the reach of your Puggle.